Sunday, December 6, 2009

Holiday Party Time

This weekend, I had two work holiday parties to go to on Friday and a birthday party on Saturday. I think it's that time of year... and I couldn't be more thrilled!

The first party was for the people in the counseling loft at South High. We had the party at Rob's house...and I fell in love with his son. I didn't take any other pictures...just this baby.


What glorious hair!
That party was fun...we did a cute little gift exchange and just giggled for a long time
Right after that, I went to the all-staff party for Southwest. For some reason, I didn't take any pictures, even though there was an awesome magician. How fun is that?
We were supposed to make a treat to share so I got a little over ambitious and made mini apple pies. Thank goodness for Grandma's pie crust recipe! I used mini-muffin tins and put a lattice on each of them. I impressed myself :)
We brought some of the left overs home and, the next morning, I transferred them to a Tupperware container. I am SURE they made it inside the house because I have photo proof of it. Somehow, sadly, I cannot find the pies. David says he didn't move them and I'm pretty sure I didn't eat them in my sleep, but they are nowhere to be found. Seriously... I even looked under the couches and bed. Some day, somewhere, they will turn up. I hope they're still pretty when they do show up!

The next night was my friend Tara's husband Dan's 30th birthday party. Dan also played on David's basketball team and was most likely the championship game MVP.
These awesome goggles were Tara's birthday present from Dan (her birthday was the 1st). They're onion chopping glasses....genius!
Plus, they were fun to pose with!
Something about them makes you want to suck in your cheeks.
Or pretend to chop.
Or act like superman.
Or threaten an onion.


Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment