Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tuesday's Gone

I had a long Tuesday. Susan, Doris, Chelsea, I presented at the National Staff Development Conference.... for FOUR hours. Our presentation started at 10am. At noon, we ended for lunch, a keynote, and a break...then we reconvened at 3:30pm and talked until 5:30.

1a. Woowzers...that's a lot of talking. Especially for someone that talks as fast as I do.
2b. That's a long break too! We were expecting only about 1/2 of our audience to return after that long of a break... but we got nearly everyone back. We must have been at least somewhat interesting.

Because I'm a nerd, I insisted we pose next to the sign for our room.

The Superintendent happened to be sitting in the hall as I posed for this picture. He commented that if this whole "Progress Monitoring thing" doesn't work out, I could pursue a job as Vanna.

And then, unexpectedly, he came to the presentation. He said he was going to just sit in and pop into other Parkway presentations...but he ended up staying for the whole thing. Yipes. Here's hoping it wasn't thinking mean thoughts!

After my conference ended, David and I decided to drive around and look at Christmas lights. We saw the typical lights and were getting ready to head home when we found this beauty...located just behind Grant's Farm and off of Eddie and Park Rd.


Holy crap. How do these people sleep at night? They must all have eye masks to block out the near daylight outside.
I did notice, however, that Santa will be at this house on 12/19. Maybe David and I can steal Baby Liam and go gawk?

No comments:

Post a Comment