Friday, October 1, 2010

Big Weekend

This weekend is going to be exhausting...but a good exhausting.  I'm actually looking forward to it.



Here's a breakdown of the plans... because I love a good list.

Friday (today): Lead workshop from 8-11, lead "sessions" from 12-3, go to David's softball game, out to dinner, and to see The Town

Saturday: Run 20 miles, clean house (David's parents are staying with us), nap, go to dinner to celebrate David's 30th birthday with his parents, grandparents, sister, & brother-in-law

Sunday: Pace my friend Jess in a half marathon, shower at Danna's, brunch with David's family, nap, and hopefully church.  Also, do some work to get a head start on next week.

Um.... did you notice I'm running 33.1 miles?  I'm going to need some prayers and positive thoughts.  Luckily, the weather has highs in the 60's this weekend, so I won't have to get up at 5 on Saturday to run.  I'll have to get up at 5 on Sunday, but that's just to make it to the race on time.



Thank God for compression socks and ice baths.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Darce! Have you heard about Danny Dreyer's "Chi Running"? I read a very interesting article about it and thought of you. He has a book or 2 about using Chi energy to run long distance, injury free. I think the website is chirunning.com Thought you be might be interested! Good luck! Peace,
    casey

    ReplyDelete