Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekly Appointment

Today, I had an appointment at my OB--and he did a sonogram to make sure The Cactus is pointing the right direction and estimate his size.

The little guy is head down, so that's no worries...but they estimated that he currently weighs 7lbs 14oz.

With 3 more weeks to bake.

That's already a big baby...and, considering the internet says he'll probably gain 1/2 to 1 lb a week, he could be massive.

Of course, I know that the baby's weight today is just an estimate...and can be a pound or two off in either direction...but what really scares me is that the measurement they had for his head 41 weeks.

Excuse me, Cactus?  Your head is measuring 4 weeks ahead?

Oh dear.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes!! Hope that head size was overestimated!

    Mar took me to Cotton Babies today...it was bad...very bad....good thing I don't live here :) I did buy some flips though...I'll let you know how well they work next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! That is a going to be a BIG push if the measurements are right. Are you dilated at all?

    ReplyDelete