Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Crock Pot Fajitas

You guys.  You guys!  Did you know that you can make fajitas in your crockpot?

I'm serious here.  This is life changing for me.  David and I love fajitas, but I always kind of dread cooking them because of ALL THE DISHES.

Thanks to pinterest, we had fajitas and the only prep dish was the crock pot.  AND I cut up all the ingredients the night before so all I had to do was turn it on.

A-MAZ-ZING.


Slow Cooker Fajitas

3-4 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
2-3 large bell peppers (any color), cut into strips
1 large onion, thinly sliced,
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbs olive oil
1/4 cup chicken broth
Juice from 2-3 limes
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt (more if broth is unsalted)
Tortillas, cheese, salsa, guacamole, etc.

Directions
1. Put chicken in crockpot.  In mixing bowl, combine peppers, onion, garlic and oil.  Place on top of chicken.
2. Stir together broth, lime juice, spices, and pour on top.  Cover and cook 4-6 hours on LOW or 2-3 hours on HIGH.
3. Eat!










In other news, the stink bug has started moving things around.  Check out what I found when I looked for a cutting board.










Yep, puzzle piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment