I usually meal plan and shop over the weekends. It prevents random eating out. I'm loathe to eat out on random occasions. This is largely because I enjoy cooking and don't like to spend money. I feel like eating out should be an event where you get things that you can't purchase at home or a celebration. There's always exceptions to this rule; however, it's INCREDIBLY rare for me to purchase my lunch or dinner unless pre-planned. I feel like planning meals saves us money and makes us eat healthier as well.
David, on the other hand, enjoys eating out. I've been trying to build "Out/Leftover" days into our plan to accommodate him. Compromise :)
Meal planning also serves to as a calendar of events for me as well. If David has a softball game or I have book club, it gets added to the schedule so that I can plan appropriately.
With that, I give you Meal Plan Monday #1.
- Sunday-- Mom and Dad in town
- Beef and Broccoli Calzones
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Freezer Meal--Telluride Black Bean Tortilla Bake
- Wednesday--David softball at 6:30
- Turkey Burgers, Pineapple
- Freezer Meal-- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells
- Saturday-- In Columbia. Tailgating!
- Burgers and Chips--Yum, Yum!
- Peanut Butter Football