Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Color Run

On Saturday, I participated in The Color Run with my darling friends, Laura and Emily.  It was a fun, colorful experience.  They call it the "Happiest 5K," which seems about right!

Basically, it's a 5k where you get doused in colored cornstarch (with flavoring, to make it non-yucky) every kilometer.  At the end, you're covered in color and happy.
 
We decided to make it super happy by having a slumber party the night before where we painted our fingernails.



It was Laura and Emily's first 5k ever, so we took appropriate "before" shots.

We even made a point to capture the Arch in the background.

Because we arrived at the start at the recommended time, we had A TON of time to kill.  Turns out the recommended time is really, really, really early.

We killed some time by taking more before shots--this time round-robin.




Finally, finally, the race began!



You can see the cloud of blue in the distance here.  It was really fun to hear all the children yelling, "Blue is next!" as we approached a new color portion.

Here, Laura had to pee.  Emily and I killed the time.



The race is over!  Emily and Laura have run a 5k!


Here's the finishing celebration... it was chaos!

Laura threw color at my eyeballs.







It was a great morning!  The weather was perfect and the company couldn't have been better.  I'm hopeful that we'll run it next year and Mac can be pushed.  There were kids in strollers...but I didn't think Mac would have liked it much this year.  Next year, though!

Here's my shirt after the event.  A little fadey, but not so bad.  I'm going to try to save the color.  It calls for spraying with vinegar and ironing.  I'll keep you posted on how well it holds up.



1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun! I hope the colors stay in your shirt.

    ReplyDelete