Sunday, September 20, 2009

And I thought weekends were supposed to be relaxing!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww.



This was a long weekend! Wonderful, busy, and full.



Friday, David had a law school softball game. Maggie Roo and I went to watch...and by watch, I mean visit. I have no idea what happened. I think they might have lost. Afterwards, David went to celebrate his friend Jess's birthday. I was supposed to go, but realized as we were getting ready to leave that I would have to turn around and go home 15 minutes after arriving due to an early run the next day.



Running is ruining my social life...seriously. First no drinking and now going to bed early. Boo! At least after October 18th, I will get some of my life back :)



Anyway, I met some people for a long run on Saturday. They were the group that Susan, who I share an office with on Tuesdays and Thursdays, runs with. One of them, weirdly enough, is the wife of a guy that lived in David's freshman dorm and was also at the wedding last weekend. Connections!

I had a good run--they did the 1st 10 miles with me and then I finished out last 4 alone. And, for the first time in ages, I had a negative split! Yay!



Right after that, I took an ice bath (brrr) and went to kickball practice. Maggie got to come to that also. She played with Steph and Jon's dogs...Wicket and Willow.

After that, I started painting the frame of the mirror in our closet, napping between coats. I also went to the farmer's market, ripped off the ugly towel bars in the bathroom and replaced them with snazzy hooks.

Whewww. When David got back from his golf tournament (yes, I realize the man was golfing while I was hard at work. He needed a break!) we headed to Cafe Eau to see an awesome cover band. They were called Vote for Pedro (I know, I know...the name makes me smile anyway).

Some shots at the bar...



These are girls from the middle school.... Laura and Kelly.
Sunday, we went to church...in the rain, which made it very hard to get out of bed. After a lunch, I went grocery shopping and got some stuff for around the house. David's law frat is hosting a bake sale this week and somehow I was volunteered in a meeting to do some baking. I believe this is mostly due to David's inability to boil water. But I still love him!
So, that's when the work began... I installed a door stop, hung some pictures, made 2 kinds of rice krispie treats, brownies, and cupcakes. I also made homemade pizza (turkey sausage, pepper, and mushroom!!). While I was waiting for the cupcakes to cool so I could frost them, I ran to Tara and Dan's to check on their kitties.
When I returned...horror. Maggie Roo had eaten HALF of the cupcakes. I yelled, threw a dish towel, and crated my bad baby girl. Ooooh, I was steamed. Oooooh, I am still steamed. BAD DOG!
Luckily, they were in two different places, so I managed to salvage and frost the remaining half.
BAD DOG!

No comments:

Post a Comment