Thursday, September 17, 2009

I work hard for the money, hard for the money, all right

Welcome to another productive day in the Brady household...
thanks to yours truly, the mistress of the power drill.

David and I had decided when we first moved in that we wanted our tv raised on the wall instead of leaned on our dresser...so we had the cable guy put a cable plug in the wall, right next to where we chose to put our shelve.

And we ignored the fact that a tv requires power to work. Oops.

So we MacGyvered up an ever-so-classy masking tape and power cord combo.

Nice, right?
Well, with the help of a cordless drill (and the fact that David wasn't at home to stop me) I put another hole in the wall...and hid our ugly cords. Maggie, of course, hated the noise of both the drilling and the vacuuming (to clean up my mess)...but doesn't it look nice now?

Ignore our messy closet and ugly wooden-framed mirror. Those are getting tackled next!


I also finally hung up some things in the bedroom.
Happy Day!

I have all these plans to make the house better and brighter...which are terrifying.
Dad's planning on teaching me how to change out all the plugs and switches to a new, bright white. Far better than the almond stuff we've got now, right?
Up next, working on my electricians license...yeah, probably not :)

No comments:

Post a Comment