Sunday, September 13, 2009

Workin' For the Weekend

Welcome to a recap of a whirl-wind weekend. It was craaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy, (all the A's are well worth it) but fun.
On a positive note, David and I realized that this weekend is one of the last of our pre-scheduled jam-packed weekends. Next weekend (ignoring my 14 mile run) is free and easy.
David took a small break from the Health Law Journal cite check assignment to celebrate Bob and Lindsay's wedding. Bob lived on David's dorm floor at Mizzou and owns a house about 7 minutes from us. Because David was an usher in the wedding, Friday we went to Bob's rehearsal and fancy dinner.
Before that, though... it was house cleaning city! David's friend, Brett, and Brett's wife Lesli stayed with us Friday night. And, because we live in Pet Hair City, we had some major cleaning to do.
I say major...it was really just sweeping and mopping...but that's tough for Friday afternoon!
The rehearsal was fun...but the dinner was snazzy. It was held at the zoo in some room with a huge fish tank. Fancy wine that I love was served...but this sad girl abstained because of a silly marathon run. Booo berries.
No pictures, sadly. I must have been grumpy to have to go to bed early.
Saturday morning I woke up an hour later than I planned and went on an EVIL run... 18 miles. It was rough. I dry-heaved the last 5 miles or so (I think I'm going to blame the fried food at the rehearsal dinner) and might have had to lay down. I think I napped. That is not a productive run, but I "completed" all 18 miles.
When I got home from the park, I was in so much pain and so upset about my "bad" run that David was convinced I was too much of a mess to make it to the wedding. However, he did not count on the fact that I am a trooper and on the restorative wonder of ice baths. Despite getting home at noon, I was both pleasant and presentable at a 1:30pm wedding.
Go me!
Bob and Lindsay got married...and then David, Brett, and the rest of the wedding party spent 5 hours driving around St. Louis in a bus taking photographs. Apparently, the air-conditioning was limited. Yucky! Lesli and I chose to nap on the couches while watching a chick flick.
Heavenly...and just what I needed.
Thanks to the nap, I was raring to go to the reception! It was a blast!
Look at my man all spruced up!
Brett and Lesli.
Brett claimed this was the best picture he had ever taken.Gross!
This picture was supposed to look like David and I were yelling at each other...
but he chose to add the tongue.
Classy!There might have been a little thriller action...And maybe a little free alcohol!Lesli and I break it down...And are promptly shown up by David's mad skills.The darling girl in the vest is Tara.
Her husband Shawn also lived in David's dorm...
...but, more excitingly, Tara goes on runs with my friend Susan from work.
Next Saturday, Tara and Susan are going to go on a run with me!
Score!David and Lesli show the crowd how it's done.
I'm pretty sure her husband is "hanging out" in the bathroom at this point.
Earlier in the evening, Brett had informed me that he wants to be the Director of Kansas Homeland Security if Sam gets elected Governor.
I told him I would work on it. And, lastly, David and I rock out.
We look like we're yelling...and we probably are.
Journey might have been playing. :)
Sunday...lazy Sunday. Laundry and cleaning and napping. Heaven.
Bed, Bath, and Beyond had a "registry completion" event...thank goodness for gift cards, because this girl took advantage of 20% off everything. I'll take pictures of all my new "prizes" soon. We have a microwave that doesn't randomly spark at us! Yay!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment