Monday, September 7, 2009

Holiday! Celebrate!

Labor day is over...which is sad. We had a swamped weekend... starting with the Mizzou/Illinois game.
Mizzou won, which is swell...sadly, though, I'm not a huge football fan (David was aware of this when he married me) and had run 12 miles in pouring rain earlier that day. Those 12 miles would have dampened even the hardiest football fan's enthusiasm. Well, maybe not David's.But look! I'm wearing the only yellow shirt I own...it's got the Golden Girls on it! Sunday, a bunch of us loaded up and drove to the Cave Vineyard...
It was so fun! We started the day with a nice little wine tasting.
And then sat in the cave with a picnic. And live music...see how dark it was???

Poli's mom was visiting from Puerto Rico and brought some fancy bread that needed powdered sugar on it. Apparently, the package of powdered sugar made her a little nervous in the airport, since she thought it resembled a white powdery drug.

Cute...

Monday I slept in until 11 (mostly because I woke up at 4am with a sore throat and took Nyquil...not due to wine) and then went house-decorating shopping with Melanie. I bought some pictures and a rug (yay Garden Ridge!). The house is finally starting to feel put together. I'm ready just to live and not be decorating.

Pictures to follow...sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment