Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Some shots of our house guest, Wrigley.
He's part pug, part cocker (I think...maybe Martha will correct me), but I personally believe he looks more like a monkey with his jaw poking out. Darling!

He and Maggie...calm


Not so calm...



Full-on wrestling...




Grrrrrrrrrr








And, after a long 7 minutes of playing, Maggie needs a nap.
I swear she's not dead. Swear!








Random thought: I think I want to start making cheese. Last spring, the book club I was in (before we all got too lazy to read) read Animal Vegetable Miracle. I loved it...this family moved from Arizona to some country mountain area and spent a year only eating things that they grew or could be grown/made in their county. The mom (and author, it's true) raised chickens and a huge garden...but she also made cheese. Seriously. She tells you all about the Cheese Queen and makes you want to make your own cheese. So, to all you 7 or so people who read this (Hi Martha), that's an ideal birthday present. Never mind that my birthday is well over a month away (and David's is in a few short weeks!) and that I don't own a goat so the goat cheese kit would probably not be the best (unless your gift came with a goat, which is a whole other story), I love cheese!
On the opposite spectrum of my love for cheese, my iPod died during my run tonight...actually, she died while driving to Forest Park, so I did the whole 10 miles in silence...thinking about cheese (really). After I got home, I decided (after a solid 10 minutes of staring) that I killed her with my sweat. Any area where things can plug in (the comp connector, headphone jack) is crumbly and corroded. And stinks like sweat. Gross and scary! So, because I have a 20 mile run on Saturday, I'm headed to buy a new friend ASAP. I will probably get the cheapest option possible, considering this is the second iPod I've murdered by running in less than 2 years. Ooops.

No comments:

Post a Comment