Thursday, August 26, 2010

Good Little Wifey.

Yeah right.  Not so much a good wifey.

However, I've been trying hard to get back in a routine, what with work/school starting back up and all.  Over the summer, either David or I was gone literally 6 nights a week and I have ZERO motivation to cook a decent meal when we weren't eating together.
Is that weird?  We lived mostly off random food I threw together, cottage cheese, lean pockets, and whatever foods and veggies I scored at the farmer's market.

Now that school has started for both of us (although, I feel like I should clarify that I WORK at a school while David GOES to school-meaning David actually works harder), I'm trying to get back in a routine.  David's gone Tuesday and Thursday nights for class, which means that I'm going to cook every Monday and Wednesday.

Monday... we had turkey tenderloin, brussle sprouts, and baked beans.

Last night... KABOBS!!!

Yeah, I made a lot.  I am a fan of leftovers.

We also had corn on the cob.
Maggie REALLY wanted some corn on the cob.  So did Veronica Breadbasket, for that matter.

I'm trying to plan out future meals... so far I'm seeing stir-fry, turkey meatball spaghetti, and LOADS of veggies in our future...cause veggies are cheap right now at the market.

Any suggestions??

3 comments:

  1. I love turkey meatball spaghetti. That's how I always make it. How about pulled pork sandwiches, it's a crockpot recipe and super easy. You could also do pork chops or fajitas or tacos or fish or linguine or...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about Chicken, Sweet Potatoes, and Kale. It's a weekly meal at my house. It's amazingly healthy. Let me know and I can get you a recipe (well kinda a recipe)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of those sound great! Send recipes, friends!

    ReplyDelete