Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Nice Little Saturday

This weekend, I did my long run on Sunday (since I knew I would be drinking at the concert and a long run + any amount of booze does NOT work for me).  

That meant that I had a Saturday morning (and day!) free in longer than I care to remember.

It was glorious.  I love running and all, but, man alive, it was nice to have a Saturday without sweat.

I sweetly convinced David to go to the Farmer's Market with me.

I got the mother load.  I love vegetables!  I love fruit!  I love the farmer's market!
My basket was heavy and my feet are ugly.  Oh well.

David bought some flowers...without me telling him to!  What a great man!!

I was so excited that I snapped his picture without warming.  Sorry, poodle!


Once I got home, I unloaded my haul...
We have...strawberries, cherries, broccoli, kale, celery, mushrooms, snap peas, squash, zucchini, raspberries, peaches, pears, and red potatoes.
There's also a pineapple in the back, but that's from Sam's.  Not quite ripe yet.

Note to Tom: Did you see I bought KALE?  Send that recipe my way, sir!

After our trip to Soulard, David headed off to school to get some work done.  Poor kid.

I headed to Tower Grove for the Festival of Nations.  I used to work at the organization that sponsors this event, so it's always fun to go and see old co-workers and clients.  I made a point to meet up with my darlings Erin & Khadra...but stupidly forgot to snap a picture.  I stink.

I did manage to get my photo-taking priorities straight, taking a picture of the Canadian food booth's sign proclaiming "Canadian Bacon Lollipops."

And then, because I kept obsessing, I went back and got one.
Oh yes, maple-sugar nut glazed wad of meat.  I love you.
It was probably the best and worst decision I've made in months, all rolled into one happy moment.

After that heart attack-inducing bit of pork, we met up with some of David's friends for an all-you-can-eat sushi buffet.  It was a gluttonous day.

My long run on Sunday was 17 miles.  I doubt the 2000 calories I burnt negated my pork/rice coma from the day before.  Oh well--- I love bacon from all nations (Canadian/American/??) and it was worth it.

Bacon!

No comments:

Post a Comment