Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Cheeseburger Soup

I've been on a healthy eating kick lately, and have been trying really hard to make that food still yummy.

Somewhere online, I found a recipe for Cheeseburger Soup. I forget where, but calculated that a cup (roughly) has 135 calories and 6.5 g of fat.



Hot dang, let's make this soup!



Ingredients
1 lb lean ground beef
1 cup carrots--chopped/shredded
1 cup sweet onion--chopped
1 cup broccoli--roughly chopped
4 cups potatoes--cubed
1 T parsley flakes
1 T dried basil (for some reason, I used dill. I tasted just as good)
3 chicken broth
1 lb 2% Velveeta--cubed
1/4 c light sour cream (I used fat free yogurt...because it was in the fridge)

In a large pot, boil potatoes, broth, parsley, and basil until potatoes are cooked through.
While the potatoes boil, cook beef, carrots, onion & broccoli in skillet. Sean beef as desired. Drain when cooked.
Add meat and veggies to pot. Set heat at medium and add Velveeta. Allow to melt.
Remove from heat and add sour cream.
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment