Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Day!

Yesterday, we had a snow day!

Let's all just give a bit of thanks for the unplanned joy that comes with a snow day.

Ahhhhhh.

It started snowing on my drive home from work on Monday...but I decided to go ahead and run because my favorite path would probably be yucky for a few days.  I busted out 6 miles at a 8:31 pace.
Getting faster!

I came home, went on a quick walk with Roo-Bearski, and then put her in the car to run some errands with me.  She's still getting used to her schedule change and has been a little needy.

Poor baby.

Anyway, Tuesday morning, I work up to this!
And promptly went back to bed...until 7:30.  Rebel!

I spent the rest of the day doing our taxes (and being eternally thankful for returns), and whipping up a present for a bachelorette party I can't make (sad, sad, sad).
Then, because I don't have proper boundaries, I took a picture of myself wearing the present.  Let's all hope Shelley doesn't read the blog!  Even if she does, let's hope that she's properly distracted by my dusty counter and poor photo skills and will still be happy with the final result.

I ran out the door about 3 to go to the post office and pick up some groceries...only to find that my car wouldn't start. 
Battery.
Dead.

Booo.

AAA was my savior, coming to jump start my car and informing me that it was "running on 4 bars."  I'm not sure what that means, but I paid the nice man to give me a new battery.  It's better than being stranded, right?

Other than that, my snow day was pretty low-key.  Since it was too snowy to run outside, I did one of my evil Jillian Michael's DVD's.  I hadn't exercised at home with Maggie there for a while, and forgot that she likes to sit right next to me and attempt to lick me every 30 seconds. 
Cute at first, but kind of gross by the time the hour video was over!

No comments:

Post a Comment