Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Darcie's Speedy Focaccia

On Friday, David and I had some friends over for dinner.  I was a cooking fool (and David was a cleaning fool in my wake), making baked shrimp with tomatoes and feta, focaccia bread, and mocha chocolate cake with mocha cream cheese frosting.

Man alive, that food was good.  And I didn't take any pictures.  Boo!

However, due to the rave reviews on the bread, I promised to share the recipe.  I am also sharing because I like to post blogs feel special.  

Thank you for making me feel special.

Alright, moving on.....

Darcie's Speedy Focaccia!

1.5 cups warm water
3 tablespoons olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
1.25 teaspoons salt
3.5 cups flour
1 tablespoon instant yeast
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped (I use dried...just a little less...)
0.5 teaspoon garlic salt or kosher salt

Lightly grease 9X13 pan and drizzle with small amount of olive oil.  Combine all ingredients except the rosemary and garlic/kosher salt.  Beat at high speed for 1 minute.  Scoop into pan, smoosh down, cover lightly with plastic wrap and let rise 1 hour at room temperature. Poke dough all over with finger and drizzle lightly with olive oil.   Sprinkle with rosemary and garlic/kosher salt.
Bake at 375 for 35049, until golden brown.  Remove, let stand 5 minutes and then turn onto cooling rack.

For the dinner party, I multiplied everything by 1.5 and used the same size pan.  This gave some height to the bread.

Yum yum yum!  I love carbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment