Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's Day... hearts and love and junk

David and I had a lovely Valentine's Day.  He had been working on a HUGE journal article that was due at midnight on Saturday, so, luckily, he was completely done and free for Sunday.

Saturday, after Mardi Gras, I made some blueberry muffins for him.  I don't really like blueberry anything, but he keeps talking about how much he likes blueberry muffins, so I was trying the good wife thing.

Man, it's tough to be a good wife.

Anyway, I wrapped up the suckers in cling wrap and left them on the kitchen counter overnight.  I woke up to this...
Do you see it?  Some BAD KITTY had eaten the top off of THREE of David's six muffins!
BAD CAT!!!!

I was so mad at that cat.  Now, Veronica is locked up at night, either in our bedroom or in the basement.  There will be NO cats on my kitchen counter.

NO NO NO.

I got over my anger.  I've moved on.  I am still a little mad at Veronica Breadbasket, but I'm just internalizing it. 

Ugh.

So, after feeding David a muffin and giving him his present (AN AWESOME BODY PILLOW!), I went on a run and let the poor baby sleep.  I even let him sleep while I went to church. 
Man, I am such a good wife, right?

David's a good husband too.  See what he bought me?
It's a white chocolate blackberry cluster from Godiva. 

Yummmm nummm nummm.

Don't worry... he didn't just buy me one.  But one is all that survived long enough for pictures :)
We're also going to an Erin Bode concert sometime in the spring.  I love Erin Bode!! 
And some 8 lb weights.  Because I asked for them.  I'm weird like that.
It's cool, last year I got a GPS/heart rate monitor for Valentine's Day.

We went to Kobe Steakhouse for dinner... and it was a blast.  We shared a table with the cutest family of 6.  Seriously, when we have kids, I hope they're half as well behaved as these ones. 
Happy Valentine's Day..only a few days late!

No comments:

Post a Comment