Thursday, February 11, 2010

New Year's Resolution-- Update

When I was in Kansas, I ransacked the house and my parents' business looking for the set of hot rollers I had in high school... with no luck. Maybe they broke or got thrown away--who knows. We have a tendency to save things unless they're broken, so I was really expecting to find them!
Saturday afternoon, the parents and I ran to Topeka to get some quick errands done...and I talked them into a set of hot rollers.
Thank you!
Sunday when I got home, I decided to take them on a test run during the Super Bowl.

Yes, I am very exciting. I am also very indifferent to the Super Bowl. A few years ago, I used to work every Sunday evening from 3-11pm at a homeless shelter. Randomly, one Sunday evening I called my friend Erin just to chat. We're talking and I could hear noise in the background. I asked if she was busy and needed to go and she informed that, well, she was a little busy, being that I had called her smack dab in the middle of the Super Bowl.
Oops. I didn't realize.

Anyway, the point of this post is that I have hot rollers now, and am very excited. Susan complimented my hair today at work, so I took a picture, showing off my best Blue Steel.

Oh yes, I'm a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment