Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cross Country

After work today, I went on a run with Susan....about a mile into our run, we got passed (seriously passed) by the high school cross country team.

I got to thinking...not talking, mostly because we were heading up a monster hill and talking would have been rough then :)

I wish I had participated in sports in high school.

I flat-out refused, saying it was because I hated it.  Mostly, though, it was because I was afraid of failure.  I avoided activities I thought I might struggle with at all costs, claiming to-good-ed-ness.  Ha... I was not too good, but any means.

Now, though, as a (somewhat) grownup, I would kill to have free group sports available.  I'm slightly less afraid to struggle in front of peers AND I am far cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment