Saturday, May 1, 2010

Goal Update

A month ago, I posted my April goals...let's see how I did.

1.  Keep working out 6 days a week, even after the half marathon is over.  Check and check!  Except for the time in Boston, I was a faithful worker-outer.  Even with the cysts!
2. Branch out exercise to more than just running. I've gone to bootcamp...but haven't branched out with cardio.
3. Find/register for fall running event. I've picked races--- November in Raleigh and October in St. Charles, but haven't registered yet.
4. Make a real dinner 3 nights a week...not just cottage cheese and crackers. Mostly a success!  I didn't keep track, but I've been cooking more!
5. Rip out ugly bushes in front yard and make the front porch pretty. Fail.  Pure fail.
6. Walk Maggie 5 days a week. WIN!  Maggie is a walking queen.
7.  Try to get Maggie (and me, while I'm at it) to drop 5 lbs. I have no idea if Maggie's dropped poundage, but I sure haven't.
8. Plant a herb/veggie garden.  Because I have a yard!!! Basil, Rosemary, Chives, and Tomatoes planted!
9.  Run my half marathon in under 2 hours. Win!  Garmin time was just under 1:55!
10.  Attend Seanne's bachelorette party in Boston (ok, not a goal...more of an event.  But I wanted 1 more to make it an even 10). I attended....and had a blast!

In case you were curious, the colors are coded for Stoplight Highlighting.  It's a work protocol I do...and I thought I should carry it over into my personal life...because, you know, I'm not boring enough.

Here's the breakdown
Green means Go!  Expectations met!
Yellow means Caution!  Didn't quite met expectations...
Red means STOP!  FAIL!

At least I've got some more green than red, right?

Now for May Goals.  I'm going to keep some goals, even the ones I met.

1.  Keep working out 6 days a week
2. Branch out exercise to more than just running...find summer activities to get outside.
3. Find/register for fall running event...because if I pay, then I'm committed
4. Make a real dinner 3 nights a week...not just cottage cheese and crackers...this might be tough with our twice weekly softball games, but I can make it happen.
5. Rip out ugly bushes in front yard and make the front porch pretty.  I hate you bushes.  I will dig you out if it kills me.
6. Walk Maggie 5 days a week. She really does love her poop walks.
7.  Try to get Maggie (and me, while I'm at it) to drop 5 lbs. I weighed myself today, so now I have to report.  Yikes!
8. Join a gym.  After months of saying that it's too expensive, I figured out how much I spend on my random boot camps and realized that it would actually be cheaper to join a gym and go to free classes.  Plus, I want to swim again.
9.  Make concrete plans to re-do the kitchen.  School's out May 26th and I want to hit the ground running on my summer projects.
10.  Sterilize the clean up the bloodbath in the basement.  See yesterday's post for gory details.
11.  Fresh produce!!  Hit farmer's market at least twice this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment