Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Desert Queen / Dessert Queen

It's cold in Missouri, and I'm certainly not the queen of any desert.  I wilt in the heat.

However, I did make some kick-butt desserts for the Monday meal exchange at work.

First up we have Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bites
Oh yes.  Sinful.  Chocolate.  Peanut Butter. Brownie

Yes.
Let me share the recipe...which I found, um, somewhere on the internet.
I forgot where.  Sorry.
  • 3/4 cup butter, melted
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 40 (ish) Reeses Mini Cups, unwrapped (I ended up using 48)
Spray mini muffin pan with nonstick spray.  In bowl, cream butter, sugar, & vanilla.  Beat in eggs, one at a time.  Gradually add flour, cocoa, and salt.  Mix until combined.
Fill each muffin cup with batter--slightly more than 1/2 but not more than 2/3 full.  Place Reeses Cup in each slot, pressing down until almost level with batter.  (note: try not to have the Reeses Cup touch the metal bottom--it made it harder to remove) 
Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.  Allow to cool 5 minutes before removing from cupcake tin...but don't let sit too long.  They might stick!


I also made Mom's German Bundt Cake.
As good as the chocolate pb brownie bites were, Rob (co-worker) proclaimed this cake "EVEN BETTER."
Mom's recipe is a winner!!!

You win Mom!

I would share the recipe here...but I made another one (and froze) to give out at trivia night.  I'll share the recipe for that one when I get the basket all made up.

No comments:

Post a Comment