Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!
David and I opted to celebrate Sunday evening because he has a paper due tomorrow.
And because I work out after work and don't LOVE the idea of getting "ready" twice in one day.
I'm lazy like that, even on Valentine's Day.
Maybe especially on Valentine's Day.

Anyway, after church on Sunday, Dan and Debra brought over Liam for a play date with Maggie.

Turns out, Maggie was a little big and scary for little Liam.  
He warmed up after a while, but never wanted to ride her the way he did before he realized that she was alive.

This is about as close as he got to her all day...except for when he was offering her his toys.
Maggie dutifully sniffed but did not lick or bite the toys.  I was very proud.
She also didn't move, even when he wanted play fetch.
A little less proud.

You might have noticed in the picture above that Liam has on a necklace...
That wasn't all...
For some reason, both he and David got into my jewelry...and Liam LOVES playing dress up.
Grandpa wasn't thrilled, but I think it's a good look on Liam, who also spent a lot of time going through my wedding cards.

It was cute.

After they left, I took some food over to my friends Rochelle and Kevin--they have a days-old baby that I was dying to visit.
I didn't take any pictures of Ace (how cool is that baby name????), mostly because I didn't want to accidentally drop the camera on him or something equally traumatic.
I have this irrational fear of "breaking" someone else's baby.
Anyway, Ace was darling--I probably overstayed my welcome, but it was hard to leave!

Then, David and I finally celebrated Valentine's Day.
We went to dinner at Harvest, a neat-o restaurant over by Wash-U.  I had never been there before, but I had eaten at the AMAZING place that shares an entrance, Hank's Cheesecake.
Our dinner was A-MAZ-ZING, but I was saddened to learn that they didn't serve Hank's, even though I could see the cheesecake.  Sad.  
Since Hank's was closed, David took me down to The Fountain on Locust.
OMG.

I ordered something called 3 Coins in a Fountain with three kinds of ice cream.  And David got a molten brownie cake in a mug.

OMG.

Towards the end, I was PAINFULLY full, so David barricaded me from the ice cream left in my bowl.

Cute.

We took a picture together... that wasn't all that cute.   
Something's wrong with David's face in that picture...
It's a good thing I love him.

We had decided that we weren't doing presents...since this is so close to other holidays AND the baby's coming, I wasn't too upset about this.  
Plus, I'm in at a stage in my life where I want to get rid of superfluous belongings.
In preparation for all the baby crap, you know.

I was totally shocked this morning at work when these arrived.... 
 Beautiful!!!!
 Wowzers!  You can't really tell in the picture, but they're HUGE.
The vase is at least a foot tall-- I'm so spoiled!

No comments:

Post a Comment