Monday, March 29, 2010

Shelley's Wedding!

This weekend, David and I traveled to Kansas City to attend Shelley's wedding... and it was great!  Shelley and I were both Alpha Xi's in college, which means we've known each other for almost 10 years.

That also means that we're getting old, but that's beside the point.

I woke up super early on Saturday, did a 7 mile run, showered, forced David out of bed, and then headed up to the city.  We stayed with my friend Maren... making sure to arrive at her condo before the K-State game started.  Sadly, the game didn't end with a Wildcat victory...but the cats had a good season.  

Shelley's wedding was at a church in Mission where her parents were also married.  How cute is that?  
The reception was at Boulevard Brewing Company in a room overlooking the production center. 
 Swanky and awesome.

David was excited because there was unlimited Boulevard Beer....check out this smile!

I was excited because I got to see girls that I hadn't seen in a long while... in this picture girls live in Kansas City, New York, Dallas, Manhattan, Chicago, a town 30 minutes west of Wichita, and St. Louis.  
It's hard to get together anymore!

It's even harder to get a group shot (but David did try!).  

Just kidding... David thought this one would be funny.
And that's why I love him :)
This picture is most likely the first and only photograph together of Kat and I looking like normal people.  We have a history of taking ridiculous, horrible date party photographs together... most of which looked like this.
Eh, I probably still would have purchased that picture if we had taken it at a date party.  

For some reason, I spent a lot of time rocking out in front of these signs.  They weren't on the dance floor...they were just outside the women's bathroom.  I think David was looking at the memorabilia and I was trying to convince him that we needed to go dance to Bootylicious or something like that.

I think this is my favorite picture of the night... Cooper's probably not sure if she's in the shot or not, but decided to put on a smile.  What a trooper!

The next day, we went and met my friends Cari and Annie for brunch...unfortunately for Cari, there was a communication breakdown (error=me) and she spent 45 minutes waiting in First Watch.

Ooops.

But I still got to see the baby belly!!
Note: I asked before I touched the belly.  I've learned this is a good thing.  
For some reason, it's not cool to grab baby bellies without explicit permission.

Additional note: Annie and I both have purple purses!  I just noticed this!  
Also, we match Cari's shirt...maybe we were all still dressing for K-State?

No comments:

Post a Comment