Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fall Race

During my training for the Nike Women's Marathon, I promised David that it would most likely be the only full marathon I would run for a while.  While training for a half marathon fits easily into my life and encourages a sensible amount of daily exercise, training for a full TOOK OVER my life and made me a bear to be around 75% of the time.  The other 25% of the time I was actually running.

Of course, as everyone predicted, I started plotting my 2nd marathon seconds after finishing my first.  

I'm fickle like that :)

I had been looking for another full marathon to do--sometime in late September or early October.  San Fransisco is a little pricey to do again, so we were looking at Chicago.  Sadly, that also happens the weekend of David's 30th birthday...and I felt more than a little selfish taking over his birthday weekend to go run a really long ways, especially with my pre-marathon hiatus from drinking.
David disagreed and wanted to go to Chicago.  We hemmed and hawed.



I missed the registration for Chicago.

So that's out.  There's a full marathon in St. Charles (a suburb of St. Louis) around that same time, but there's a part of me that REALLY wants running that far to be an event.  I like the idea of planning trips around major races and something seems really anticlimactic about training for months  to run that far in the suburbs.

Right now, I'm not sure what the plan is...should I look around for an affordable marathon in the midwest (or at least a cheap plane ride away)?  Or I could run another half in the fall (around here) and work really hard this summer to train.

Heck, maybe I'll just buy a road bike and a wetsuit and do triathlons.

indecision cartoons, indecision cartoon, indecision picture, indecision pictures, indecision image, indecision images, indecision illustration, indecision illustrations

We can't make decisions to save our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment