Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring cleaning...too many shoes.

This week is my spring break, and I've decided that my main goal (besides sleeping in and loving on my puppy) is deep cleaning the house.  Yeah, I know we've only lived here for 6 months, but a lot of junk just got shoved away in the chaos of moving in.

I completed the basement and have relocated the pet feeding and pooping (the cat, not Maggie) stations to a hidden room in the deep recesses of the basement.  I also forced David to go through the 7 boxes of miscellaneous crap that had been piled up--he found some winter coats that would have come in handy during the, you know, winter.  Better late than never.

Today, I'm tackling the upstairs closets.  One of these closets is mine solely for running/workout junk...yeah, I have a lot of it.  I go through running shoes every 300-400 miles, and have a hard time getting rid of them.

Seriously, check out my stash.
EIGHT PAIRS?

Let's see... in the box on the right we have a never-worn pair that I purchased early because I had a good coupon. The box at the top (the only non-Mizzouno shoes) is my trail running pair.  Other than those two, I have one pair I'm actively wearing (bottom right), one pair that I'm holding onto in case I ever mow the yard (yeah right), and four pairs that I keep around and wear to boot camp and other things.
Ummmmm.... that's too many shoes.  And that ignores the fact that it's bad for my feet to wear worn-out running shoes for cross training.

How many should I keep?

No comments:

Post a Comment