Thursday, June 10, 2010

Garden!! Garden!! Garden!!

After a couple of false starts, my garden is complete!

I'm so proud of myself.

Here's how it happened, chronologically (I'm a nerd).
Thursday--Grandma, Grandpa, Mom, and Paige stop in on their drive to Philadelphia.  Grandpa instructs me on the proper location for the garden AND exactly what type of wood to buy to make a raised garden bed.

Saturday--While borrowing Mike's truck, I force David to go to Lowes and buy the necessary lumber and a crap-ton of soil.

Sunday--We go to Six Flags.  No progress made.

Monday--I go to work and Nick and Shireen visit.  Again, no progress is made.

Tuesday--I start drilling holes for my corner pieces.  It starts to rain.  I wait until it kind of lets up and go on a run.  After the run, the rain lets up but the battery on my cordless drill dies.  I charge and wait.

Wednesday--I stop at Ace Hardware on my way to run with Susan and purchase a corner clamp.  I run with Susan, go to the gym, go to lunch with Tara, go shopping, AND then start on the garden bed.
After getting all the pieces nailed/screwed together, I realized I probably needed some of that black paper that keeps out weeds...so I run to the local garden center and buy some...and some vegetables (they were buy 1 get 1 free!).
Here's pre-soil...

After soil...


And with my plants!

Yay!
I planted zucchini, squash, peppers, onions, celery, watermelon, and melon.  I also left a little area for strawberries.

I was dirty...but proud.
As evidenced by the ridiculous photo shoot I forced David to do.
I'm such a dork...but excited enough about my garden to give you WAAAY too many details!

No comments:

Post a Comment