Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Taxes

So.... our tax return came on Monday.

I was ecstatic, until I opened it.  It was, oh, $8000 less than I was expected.

What's that you say?  That's the same amount as the homebuyer's credit?

Yeah, I had a bit of a panic attack.

I googled like you wouldn't believe and called...but after a few hours of frustration, I headed downtown to the IRS office.  There, the nicest lady in the world, Dorothy, assured me that we did, in fact qualify and the error was on the part of the government.  Apparently, they didn't wait to see the results from one of the letters they sent us before denying.  Sigh.

But, Dorothy gave me a plan to fix it and said she would help.

Panic attack over.  Tax return eventually coming... probably in time to buy Christmas presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment