Friday, January 7, 2011

Our Weird Couple Activity

Oh calm down, I'm not talking about that.


I'm talking about the weird things couples do together that you wouldn't do with a roommate or friend.

David and I pretend to house shop.

Lately, David and I have been watching A LOT of House Hunters.  So much so, that I forget and think that we might actually be in the market for a new home.  So... we go to open houses.  Usually, we pick a house just barely out of our price range so we're not tempted to go crazy and put an offer in :)

It's fun to walk around and critique the choices strangers have made in their homes...but I need to be careful.  Last Friday I went to a work holiday party at my co-worker Cathi's home.  Her house was breathtakingly cute--very Young House Love with color schemes and DIY'ed things.  I was telling another co-worker that I would have put an offer on it if it were an open house.  Then I started talking about my opinion of her color choice for her kitchen...not realizing that Cathi was in earshot the entire time.  Luckily, everything I said was complimentary, but I need to work on slowing down on the opinions.

Looking at houses is fun because we're NOT in the market... if we were actually shopping I would be stressed out and a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment