Saturday, January 29, 2011

Running

It's gorgeous weather in St. Louis today--I went for a run OUTSIDE* for the first time in a very long time.  It was glorious to run outside and just reminded me how much a struggle to run on the treadmill.

I feel like I should elaborate why I've been running on a treadmill lately.  My hiatus from running outdoors was not imposed entirely by the weather.  About a month ago, I took a nasty tumble while running with my friend Susan.  I wasn't paying enough attention and tripped over a crack in the sidewalk.  Luckily, I landed mostly on my head (I think pregnancy might be the only time when landing on your head after a fall is good), but it really shook me up.  And gave me a nice bruise.  I called my OB a little hysterical, who recommended I go to my regular doctor since I wasn't having torso pain.  Blah, blah, blah, long story short, everything was fine except my confidence to run outside.

Anyway, Grant's Trail was packed with runners, walkers, and bikers today.  I ended up running 6 miles, which was my longest run in a while.  I've been signed up for a half marathon in April since before I was pregnant... I'm hopeful that I can still complete the half, even if it's not running.  Obviously, a decision on that doesn't need to be made today.

Tonight: David and I are going to Law School Prom, where there's an open bar.  Can you guess who's driving home?  This might be David's favorite Law School Prom EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment